Sunday, February 06, 2005

my parents in serious denial

one thing that i should probably have clarified with my parents when i told them i was going to have a column in an actual publication is that it wasn't going to be a medical column.

how does one explain that one's column will be about . . . nothing?

just yesterday, at the dinner table, my mother asked me, "so is your column going to be limited to health articles?"

"mmmhhh. it's not a health column, ma."

"what? so what will it be about?" my mother asked, with trepidation in her voice.

"it's just supposed to be funny," i whispered while scrambling away from the person who, 31 years ago, had to carry me in her womb for 9 months.

maybe i should use a pseudonym.

2 comments:

Kitty Litter said...

Hey Orange!

I presume they want you to keep being "doctory"? I don't know whether I'd laugh or cry in your situation @_@

Pasig Raver said...

meron akong pseudonym for you - doctor zhivago.

ay, babae ka pala. solution express - doctor zhivaga. full name - doctor lydia zhivaga. (pa-kornihan ang moda ko ngayon)