Thursday, June 09, 2011

Links are fun (and self-indulgent)

Blogger started counting page views only relatively recently, so the 'Popular Posts' on the left side of my blog aren't necessarily my favorite ones. I have really old entries that I re-read when I need to reminisce the stories I like sharing until my listeners' ears hurt or when I need to fill in the gaps in my hole-filled memory.

I'm posting the links of some of my personal favorites, just in case you're in the mood for some light re-reading too.
  • The leech story – If I would ever be accused of fabricating my stories, this would have to be my accuser's proof. I assure you though that this happened ... because that's how my parents roll. I love this story.
  • The epic mountain drama that involved warming oil and unreliable doctors, myself included – This happened the year that I decided to be adventurous. It almost cost me my life. OK, maybe not so much 'life' as it was 'pride'.
  • I like all the anecdotes about my nephew Juancho and niece Martina but a few that stand out are Juancho's nativity story and Martina's story about Sparkly Neever
  • An embarrassing kindergarten presentation where I learned how to be paranoid and overcompensate all in one go.
  • Panicking in Macau – This is one of the reasons why I don't associate running with happy times.
  • Cashews to the rescue – Another classic Mama story. Like the time she alarmingly said, after seeing a snake completely wrapped around a tiny monkey so the monkey's hands and feet were sticking out, "I didn't know snakes had feet!" (I have a feeling I've written about this, but I can't find it.)

No comments: