Wednesday, November 24, 2004

juanch, the christmas composer

'tis the season for strange lyrics from a strange (but adorable) 2.5-year-old nephew.

juancho can't pronounce the r sound yet, which makes for an interesting (intewesting):

jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell yuck . . . (or maybe he has the sarcasm gene too?)


now this one, i can't explain:

c is for the candystone around the christmas tree . . .


and now for an embarrassingly true story:

i wanted to put the correct lyrics for the christmas alphabet and proceeded to type, "to my lyric-challenged friends -- it's 'candy cane', in case you were wondering" only to find out that it ISN'T. according to bestfriendofthemillennium google, it's:

c is for the candy trimmed around the christmas tree.

my thoughts:
1. candy around the tree? who does that in manila!?
2. i like my parenthesis-infused entries more than my colon-studded ones.
3. "colon-studded" sounds like a disease.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ay! tama ka. And Santa makes "every kid his PET"! hindi friend.

I'm shattered. The Christmas alphabet of my childhood was a myth. Guess I'll have to start listening to something else instead.

"Let's sing Mewwy Chwistmas
And a happy holidaaay
This season may we never forget the love we have for Jesus..." (barfs into a bag but bears with it because it's the only Pinoy Xmas CD I have.)

Unknown said...

If I had a nephew who can sing even a semblance of "The Christmas Alphabet", I'd be one proud uncle.

By the way, Auntie Orange, don't you find it strange that Juancho chose to sing "Jingle Bell Rock" instead of "Jingle Bells (Jingle All The Way)"? Signs of the times? Oh well, whether they rock or go all the way, bells do jingle. Hope they jingle all year round.