Tuesday, July 27, 2004

the problem with office mp3s

to drown out the distracting hum of typical office activity, i listen to mp3s at work. ironic but true. 

as i have no mp3s of my own, i have links to a couple of officemates' mp3 folders. and because i am laziness personified, i usually just lump ALL the audio files into one humungous playlist and play them at random. which means, of course, that i am slave to the musical preference of other people.

WHICH MEANS, it can happen that while staring at the blank wall beside me trying to think of how to reword a sentence from hell, i will be suddenly painfully aware that i am being subjected to "last thing on my mind" by steps.

(to those who do not know this song: as your punishment for being so sheltered, i will send you the music video. YOU try getting it out of your mind. this song is virtual bubble gum on your virtual shoe sole.)

2 comments:

City Slicker said...

There was something in your voice
That was telling me don't be so sure
Arousing my suspicions
Like it never did before

And now you're suddenly like a stranger
And you're leaving your love behind
Lalalalalalalalalalalalala... for....
It was the last thing in my mind.

Oh, woh oh!

Anonymous said...

yeah, i know what you mean. been a victim myself. it was almost the death of me when i suddenly heard "especially for you" by kylie minogue & jason donovan play from my very own collection of mp3s! i couldn't even remember how the heck it got there in the first place.