Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Let me spell it out for you

I like people who go the imagined extra mile for their jobs.

Last month, we had to stay in a small hotel in the suburbs for my sister's wedding in Illinois. At check-in, the elderly receptionist explained the usual stuff to us: how to work the key card; the checkout times; the room amenities (were there room amenities?); and the free hotel wifi (yey!) ... which had a password.

"I'm going to write it down for you," said the kind sir.*

I thought that was nice of him. I watched as he so carefully wrote every character of their top-secret password. It looked like it was going to be one of those that looked like HSrafa3U8nadal46sW (don't test that on my computer) or something equally complicated.

And then he showed us the password written in very shaky handwriting:

"C A B L E"

Cable.

Awwwwww. And hahahahahhaha. But more awwwwww.


Epilogue:

After the wedding, we checked in at the same hotel. They changed the password to ...

"B E A C H"

And yes, the receptionist wrote it down again.

Awwwww.

--------------------

*Hi Mia, this is a shout-out to you. Kind sir!!!

No comments: